Meet my latest project - I built "ideas by robot" using HTML, CSS, and Vanilla JS
Meet my latest project - ideas by robot
I love movies. So much so, I have a podcast where I do a deep dive on movies I love - Talking Cinema.
I love building web apps that I would use myself.
I love to write and have always wanted to write a screenplay.
So I created an app that helps you develop movie ideas - a one-sentence science fiction movie plot.
Front-End (GitHub repo)
The webpage has one button that makes a fetch request for a one-sentence movie plot to the back-end server and retrieves that request to display on the front-end.
Back-End (GitHub repo)
I built an express nodeJS server for the back-end. I used GOT for my HTTP request library.
I send some sample prompts to the GPT-3 API so the AI knows what I am asking for and expecting in return.
In this case, I want the AI to send me a one-sentence science fiction movie plot.
After sending the prompts to the GPT-3 API, I get a one-sentence movie plot from the AI. The movie plot then gets sent back to the front-end, ready to be displayed on the web page.
Summing it up (TL;DR)
- Created a Front-End with HTML, CSS, and Vanilla JS
- One button to fetch a science fiction movie plot from the back-end
- Created a Back-End express NodeJS server
- Used the GOT library to communicate with the GPT-3 API
- Send the request back to the Front-End to display the one-sentence movie plot on the web page